Saturday, December 22, 2012

Stefan Sagmeister: 7 rules for making more happiness

Id like to give out my personal experience as a example of happiness situation. And I would like to hear the advice from different people.

A few years back I used to be more or less poor, and I used to think that having big things and expensive stuff is what would make me happy. Little did I know, I was experiencing an amazing amount of happiness of what I had at that time, great friends, great experiences, great adventures, etc. now, i am well off then how I ised to be. i live in the financial district, I have a driver, can get what I want, but truthfully, I don't have the same amount of happiness that I had back then.

I am not saying that I'm sad, but im saying that I just realized that what made me happy back then is a better happiness then the happy I have now. This is the tricky part though, what I have done lately is try to reproduce that same happiness by setting expectations and planning exactly what and how to do something. But at the end of the day, its not the same. So what I do is not have expectations, not plan anything extensivelly, and just let thigs happen, and to live for the present.

 What do you happy people think.. Advice?
http://www.ted.com/talks/stefan_sagmeister_7_rules_for_making_more_happiness.html

No comments:

Post a Comment