Friday, August 14, 2015

Online Profits and Personal Development - The Care and Feeding of Your Subconscious Mind

There is a monster living in your basement!

Or maybe it is Donald Trump.

Which one is going to help your online business and allow you to achieve the wealth and success you deserve and desire?

The choice is really up to you. What I am referring to in the previous two sentences is your subconscious mind. In everyday speech the term subconscious points to a supposed level of perception beneath conscious awareness - and let me tell you, the subconscious is a tremendous agent for change and it works 24 hours a day - either for your benefit or to your detriment.

Consider this. Your subconscious absorbs everything in your sphere of perception and assimilates it into data that it delivers to the conscious mind - i.e....it is raining, it is morning, it is cold, it is Wednesday, I am hungry; but there is plenty of information it perceives that it doesn't deliver immediately, but catalogs nonetheless for delivery at a later time - i.e...I am unsatisfied, I don't like my car, my clothing doesn't fit my personality, I don't have any real friends, why am I here?

Where does the latter information come from?

It comes from you.

Every thought, every idea or notion, regardless of how intently you dwell on it or how fleetingly it pops into your brain and then out again, is giving marching orders to your subconscious on your personal worldview and more importantly, your concept of self.

I am a winner. I am a loser. I can achieve all the success I want in life. I am destined for mediocrity. I am loved. I will never be loved.

I am a winner - is the thought of a Donald Trump, Tony Robbins, Robert Kiyosaki or whoever inspires you.

I am a loser - is the food you feed to a monster. And this monster can kill you.

It will kill you subtly by causing you to take the role of a victim and say your sense of self has been determined by your childhood or environment or lack of opportunity or "fill in the blank". When you take personal responsibility for where you are in life, you are empowering yourself to change your situation, if change is indeed what you desire. You are in affect, feeding your subconscious mind the message - "I can have anything my heart desires."

So how do you feed your subconscious mind?

Affirmations - an affirmation is a carefully built statement or mantra that is often repeated and written down frequently. For it to be effective, it should be present tense, personal, positive and specific to your need. "I attract positive things into my life." "I am a leader that others respect and want to follow."

Autosuggestion - is a process where you use mental images and commands to train your subconscious to believe something. It must be used consistently and with a definite message and purpose. It is designed to change the way you think, perceive and act. "I can be rich. I will achieve my goals. I am persistent. I will be successful."

Hypnosis - mental images and commands that can induce a "hypnotic state" where you are susceptible to suggestion. This can be accomplished by a professional or self-administered. 

Affirmations and Autosuggestion are forms of self hypnosis in that you are programming your subconscious mind to go after what you want.

The skeptics might say the above techniques are simply other terms for Subliminal Programming, 

Brainwashing or Mind Control. I would say to them - you are correct, but it is also how you live your life whether you realize it or not. Everyday, moment by moment, you are brainwashing yourself to believe a particular version of reality. The only difference with using the techniques above is you now take personal responsibility and control over what version of reality you want to create. You are in the driver's seat, instead of being a passenger.

The choice is entirely up to you. There is no lock on the basement door and something is coming up the stairs.

Your business, success, wealth and future are all on the line.

What is it going to be?

Picture is courtesy of FreeDigitalPhotos.net


http://EzineArticles.com/2682275

No comments:

Post a Comment