Friday, August 14, 2015

How To Keep Energy Levels Up

A personal client of mine recently asked me a great question which really is something I believe is so important to your success and happiness in life. I wrote the answers straight back to him in about 10 minutes and thought I'd share them with you also, so I'm just going to copy exactly what I wrote.

Here was the question:

There are days where I feel total drained and I was wondering how do you keep your energy levels up on a consistent basis considering you have so much going on in your life?

My Response.

I hear exactly what you are saying, I struggled with this for quite some time and was getting really tired on a consistent basis, my body and energy was not keeping up with what I wanted to do and accomplish and this was the exact same question I started asking the mentors in my life.

Here were the things, which made the biggest difference to me:

1. My Diet...
... is always the foundation. When I eat great foods consistently with no white breads, starchy foods and all of the things we all know we shouldn't be eating and instead integrating the high-energy foods, such as the fruits and veggies, nuts, juices etc.

Here is what I started asking, 'who do I know that has the most energy and what do they eat and do?'

This also brought me to the point of making the lifestyle decision to becoming vegetarian under recommendation from some of my mentors, and it has been a lifestyle decision, which has made such a difference in my energy.

2. Daily Exercise:...
... a totally non-negotiable part of my every day, I don't care what else is happening around me, this is more important than almost anything as it makes me a better person, more effective and more efficient, lively, energetic and everything else I could say. It doesn't have to be anything crazy and outrageous, but spend some time moving every single day.

3. Rituals
- Your habits are what shape your life, it is not the things you do every now and again, it is the things you do, day in and day out which shape the results you are currently living and experiencing. Success is created by having empowering habits and rituals, which you participate in every single day until they begin to make up a portion of who you are.

I have spent so much time researching some of the most successful people and studying the things, which they do in their lives and also looking introspectively about the things that have contributed to my success to date which are responsible for creating the life I live today and I now integrate those things as a part of my daily rituals.

These are things like:

Having the same wake up time, nice and early, having time for myself in the morning to spend on growth (just 30 minutes), reviewing my major goals daily, training in the morning, then a great breakfast just to name a few.

At the end of the day, I have a ritual for changing my hat from businessman to family man, which just involves a walk and talk, debriefing myself on the day and getting rid of anything else in my mind which is business related, so I can be totally present with my wife and little girl.

Your daily rituals are responsible for the results you are experiencing in your life right now.

4. Living my passions
- When I say 'I work', I really don't mean work. I truly do what I love to do every single day. This means I jump out of bed ready to make the most of every single day. I'm becoming more and more stubborn on this also. If I don't want to do something, I'm not doing it now. I'm getting someone else to do it. I know when I spend my time doing what I want to do and what I love to do and am passionate about; then this gives me so much energy, stimulation and puts my mind in the right place and that is what you get when you are living your passions and purpose every single day.

5. Goals
- This goes hand in hand with the last point. Have you got a set of clear and empowering goals, which you review as part of your daily rituals? This is such a key point, which I think you are aware of already (and if you are aware, are you doing it?). Make these clear and compelling and look at them and visualise them any time you can. Put them on some goal cards and pull them out everywhere. In the car at the lights, on the train, at a desk,

everywhere! Your goals become so real and believable to your subconscious mind that they start becoming part of who you are and your identity.

This question was the exact question I was asking about 3 years ago and by asking the right people and implementing the answers, this has become one of the most significant differences in the quality of life I now experience today. The reason why is simple, the more energy you have, the better you feel about yourself, the more energy you have the more you can achieve every single day, the more energy you have, the more present you can be, the more charismatic you can be and the greater your relationships will be.

... The list goes on and on...
A true key to success!
image is courtesy of FreeDigitalPhotos.net

http://EzineArticles.com/9011348

No comments:

Post a Comment